Hi guys, I'm currently trying to get the tap-paypa...
# plugins-general
t
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to get the tap-paypal (https://github.com/Yoast/singer-tap-paypal) working. After setting it up in the meltano.yml with all necessary configuration parameters I tried to invoke the tap for testing. Unfortunately I get the following error-message:
tap-paypal             | INFO Syncing stream: paypal_transactions
tap-paypal             | CRITICAL paypal_transactions() argument after ** must be a mapping, not NoneType
tap-paypal             | Traceback (most recent call last):
tap-paypal             |   File "/workspaces/meltano-staging/.meltano/extractors/tap-paypal/venv/bin/tap-paypal", line 8, in <module>
tap-paypal             |     sys.exit(main())
tap-paypal             |   File "/workspaces/meltano-staging/.meltano/extractors/tap-paypal/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/singer/utils.py", line 229, in wrapped
tap-paypal             |     return fnc(*args, **kwargs)
tap-paypal             |   File "/workspaces/meltano-staging/.meltano/extractors/tap-paypal/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tap_paypal/tap.py", line 48, in main
tap-paypal             |     sync(paypal, args.state, catalog, args.config['start_date'])
tap-paypal             |   File "/workspaces/meltano-staging/.meltano/extractors/tap-paypal/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tap_paypal/sync.py", line 67, in sync
tap-paypal             |     for row in tap_data(**stream_state):
tap-paypal             | TypeError: paypal_transactions() argument after ** must be a mapping, not NoneType
The tap seems to need a state file and I'm not sure how Meltano handles that. Maybe some of you can help me 🙂