Is anyone actively working on target-athena? I ne...
# singer-tap-development
f
Is anyone actively working on target-athena? I need to make some changes and want to be sure they are acceptable for a merge. 1. version in pyproject.toml is 0.0.1, while latest tag is 1.4.0. I'd propose: a. bump it to 1.5.0 as a non-breaking change with added features b. or maybe 2.0 as I'd like to make breaking changes that would change the default location of files, and give options 2. Add Gitlab CI - I know it's on github, but we use gitlab 3. The naming for the files in S3 a. has a lot to be... desired. i. get_target_key in utils.py doesn't do anything with naming_convention ii. passing naming_convention to get_target_keys is actually commented out iii. As far as I can tell data_location with a completely different (static) pattern for the S3 object (bucket plus key) is used as a prefix for the target_key b. So change it so that: i. The actual real prefix (everything before the last / in the key) is configurable, might be able to make the default match what is current ii. The filename for the object (everything after the last / in the key) is more configurable, might be able to make the default match what is current The goal essentially would be to implement issue #15. The most important part is that any changes are integrated, as we do not want to maintain our own version.